About The Innovation Hub
The Maryam Abacha American University of Nigeria (MAAUN) Innovation Hub under the Institute of Africa Higher Education Research & Innovation (IAHERI) is excited to announce the launch of the Innovation Catalyst Program, an unparalleled opportunity for early-stage startups and innovative projects to ignite their journey towards success.
Our innovation incubator is committed to nurturing groundbreaking ideas, providing mentorship, resources, and networking to transform promising concepts into thriving ventures.
Who can participate
Teams of 3-8 made up of
- Students and Young Innovators
- Local Entrepreneurs and Startups
- Faculty Members and Researchers
- Industry Professionals and Investors
Participants are expected to commit to the program, engage with mentors and peers, actively refine their business models, and demonstrate measurable progress.
- Projects/start-ups must be based in Kano.
- Proposals should present a clear and feasible concept with potential for positive impact and scalability.
- Applicants must provide a comprehensive plan outlining project goals, methodology, timeline, budget, and expected outcomes.
Expert Mentorship: Gain insights from industry experts, experienced entrepreneurs, and mentors who have successfully navigated startup challenges.
Networking Opportunities: Establish connections with potential partners, collaborators, and investors to accelerate growth.
Resource Access: Access to state-of-the-art facilities, tools, and resources essential for startup development.
In an ever-evolving landscape, the challenge lies in turning innovative ideas into sustainable and impactful ventures. We are here to guide startups and projects towards overcoming this challenge through focused mentorship and support.
Healthcare Innovation for Improved Access and Affordability
Here are some of the key challenges that healthcare innovation can address:
- Limited Access to Medical Services
- Scarce Medical Infrastructure
- High Maternal and Child Mortality Rates
- Infectious Diseases and Epidemics
- Healthcare Financing and Affordability
- Health Information Disparities
- Logistical Challenges
Social Impact and Community Development:
Here are some of the key challenges that demand innovative solutions in the realm of social impact and community development:
- Poverty and Socioeconomic Disparities:
- Limited Women’s Empowerment:
- Refugee and Displaced Population Support:
- Education Disparities:
- Cultural Preservation and Integration:
- Community Engagement and Participation:
- Job Creation and Economic Opportunities:
E-commerce and Digital Marketplace Solutions
Here are some of the key challenges that innovative e-commerce and digital marketplace solutions can help overcome;
- Limited Access to Markets:
- Logistical Challenges:
- Lack of Digital Presence:
- Secure Payment Systems:
- Marketplace Fragmentation:
- Access to Financing:
- Data Privacy and Cybersecurity:
Timetable & Deliverables
All successful project teams, regardless of the focus area they are responding to, will be expected to participate in the following stages of work:
Selected teams attend onboarding sessions and get familiarised with the incubator.
Teams are trained in refining their prototypes and building prototypes for further testing and iterative development.
Funded founders present their solutions and companies to an audience of investors and other stakeholders, including the press.
Participants receive ongoing support including Coaching and Technical Support.
SUBMIT YOUR PROPOSAL
Deadline: 6 September 2023 at 23:59 WAT
Apply via Google Forms:
Please note that you may be required to sign in your Gmail to access the form.
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com